Job SummaryControl of all Safety, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Engineering and Project activities for the site, including production scheduling, purchasing, warehousing and all associated operations. Ideally the candidate will have a hands_on type approach to plant management with a view to implementing best practice, establishing and developing a high_performance team, and creating a culture of continuous improvement in process safety, sustainability initiatives and production efficiency.
- Ensure and promote the safety of all employees to the highest level. Champion safety improvement initiatives driven by employee engagement.
- Direct and manage all plant operations with overall responsibilities for HSE, production, maintenance, quality, supply chain and other production_related activities.
- Responsible for daily production metrics and ensuring weekly/monthly results effectively communicated to all levels (site + corporate), coupled with site improvement actions
- Responsible for financial performance of the site, working daily with plant controller to deliver planned output and costs. Develop and maintain operational expenses within budget allowance and investigate cost_reduction measures.
- Ensure that all process line schedules are in accordance with facility capabilities, customer requirements, economic performance, and planning, expediting as needed
- Direct and manage the establishment and maintenance of material replenishment methods, quality standards, and performance metrics in support of the organizational goals and objectives
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment_ replacing or adjusting plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Demonstrate leadership, communication proficiency, decision making, problem solving and analysis, financial management, business acumen.
- Identify and develop talent, with a focus on career progression, succession planning, knowledge transfer, and increasing organizational capacity and capability.
- Coordinate plant activities through planning with departments’ managers to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost_effective manner.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries according to budget.
- Define and utilize Best Available Technology (BAT) were applicable. Challenge / escalate BAT application and assumptions when better solutions arise.
- Lead a culture of Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) to identify and prioritize areas of improvement for the plant.
- Ensures compliance with codes, guidelines, best practices and company policies.
- Identify and lead new process improvement opportunities in the areas of energy, quality, cost, performance and safety.
- Learn and apply continuous improvement, value creation, and financial acumen skills to accelerate profitability and lower conversion cost of manufacturing facility.
- Conduct review and maintenance of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) trends to ensure optimum performance.
- Active participant in developing and implementing Capital projects.
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement by leading Operation Excellence initiatives.
- Ensure the application of best practice and that Elementis systems, procedures and standards are applied across all activities progressing towards 'World Class' standards.
- Establish positive and collaborative working relationships with the workforce, to enable business strategies to progress with minimal disruption.
- Interface with Customer Service / Logistics / Supply Chain and ensure production schedules satisfy customer needs.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable legislation, such as OHSA, etc.
- Identify and implement improvements in site operations to remove cost, improve HSE standards and improve productivity in line with Profit Improvement Plans.
- Ensure the site is operated within company quality, environmental and safety standards.
- Submit accurate reports both verbally and in writing as required.
What will it take?
- Demonstrated ability to establish new culture within operations, and be an effective driver of change.
- Degree in relevant discipline (Chemistry, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering)
- Desired: a graduate degree (M.S. Eng., or MBA).
- Five to ten years of managerial experience with budgetary responsibility in a chemical or allied industry.
- Ideally from a chemical manufacturing environment, with strong focus on maintenance programs and plant operations.
- Knowledge of current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and standards.
- Keen focus on Regulatory compliance.
- Proven management experience in a process plant.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, direct and positively motivate others.
- Strong ability to identify, develop and encourage talent.
- Demonstrated results in process improvement.
- Proven ability to measure performance and deliver against objectives.
- Ideally has departmental experience leading manufacturing support functions (HSE, Supply Chain, etc).
- Evidence of ongoing training / development at senior level to current best practice.